Daily Archives: 30 April 2009
LONDON TRIP 2009
CULTURAL VISIT TO LONDON AND STRATFORD UPON AVON
The English department is proposing a cultural trip to LONDON (with a day spent in Stratford Upon Avon) during the first term of the next school year (proposed dates: 9th – 14th October 2009).
The trip is open to the whole school and will include the following activities:
Guided walking tours of the famous spots such as Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London and the Crown Jewels.
- A guided tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre + workshop for the older students
- A visit to the Imperial War Museum (for the younger students) with a real Blitz Experience.
- A visit to STRATFORD UPON AVON + actor’s workshop for the older students
- or a visit to the William the Conqueror’s Warwick Castle for the younger students.
- A visit to the BBC TELEVISION STUDIOS where we can experience mixing music and commentating for a radio or television broadcast.
- An evening guided Ghosts of London Theme Walk
- An evening theatre performance
We are keeping some places on the trip for new pupils, so if you would like to enrol your child, please contact Mrs Lawrence, Head of English Dept, as soon as possible.